-This press release is from PBR Canada for all the latest news and results check out the official site at: http://PBRCanada.com
ABBOTSFORD, British Columbia (March 27, 2011) – Posting 90 points on Whiskey Hangover (Battle River Rodeo) in the Championship Round, Jared Farley of Kempsey, NSW, finished first in the Professional Bull Riders (PBR) Canadian Cup Series event at the Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre (A.E.S.C.) on Saturday. Farley becomes the second Australian rider to win a Cup Series title after riding a perfect 3-for-3 at the Abbotsford Invitational and earned $7,973.00 for the victory.
“This win is a confidence booster”, said Farley. “I had great bulls and didn’t waste them.”
Finishing the weekend just behind Farley was Montana native Matt Triplett. After riding his first bull on Day 1, Triplett covered Micro Machine (Coyote Creek Rodeo) for 82 points in Round 2, followed by an 87.5-point ride Fig Jam in the Championship Round. Aaron Gibb of Hill Spring, AB, also went 3-for-3, and claimed third overall in his last out atop Jonah The Whale (Bar UT Bucking Bulls) for 85 points. Reigning PBR Australian National Champion David Kennedy of Kyogle, NSW, rounds out the Abbotsford Invitational with a fourth place finish after capturing second in the Championship Round on Forget Me Not (Girletz Rodeo Stock) for 88.5 points.
For the first time ever the PBR heads to London, ON Saturday, April 2. For one action-packed night, the John Labatt Centre will host the seventh stop on the elite PBR Canadian Cup Series starting at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available for as low as $20, and can be purchased in person at the John Labatt Centre box office, online at www.johnlabattcentre.com, or by calling (866) 455-2849.
2011 Abbotsford Invitational at Abbotsford Entertainment & Sports Centre
No injuries to report.
1. Jared Farley, Kempsey, NSW, $7,973.00.
2. Matt Triplett, Columbia Falls, MT, $4,669.90.
3. Aaron Gibb, Hill Spring, AB, $2,391.90.
4. David Kennedy, Kyogle, NSW, $1,594.60.
1. Jared Farley, Kempsey, NSW, 90 points on Whiskey Hangover (Battle River Rodeo).
2. David Kennedy, Kyogle, NSW, 88.5 points on Forget Me Not (Girletz Rodeo Stock).
3. Matt Triplett, Columbia Falls, MT, 87.5 points on Fig Jam (Vold Rodeo).
4. (tie) Ty Patten, Buck Lake, AB, 85 points on Jackson James (Battle River Rodeo); Aaron Gibb, Hill Spring, AB, 85 points on Jonah The Whale (Bar UT Bucking Bulls).
1. Saras Ramsay, Aratula, QLD, 87.5 points on Vin Deadly (Vold Rodeo).
2. Jared Farley, Kempsey, NSW, 86.5 points on Burnt Rubber (Vold Rodeo).
3. (tie) Ty Patten, Buck Lake, AB, 86 points on Final Legacy (Girletz Rodeo Stock); Harve Stewart, Stephenville, TX, 86 points on Diego (Girletz Rodeo Stock).
1. Jared Farley, Kempsey, NSW, 88.5 points on Freckles (Wild Hogg Bucking Bulls Inc.)
2. Max Fortmuller, DeWinton, AB, 87 points on Vin Deadly (Vold Rodeo).
3. Matt Triplet, Columbia Falls, MT, 86 points on Weight A Minute (Girletz Rodeo Stock).
4. (tie) Clint Johnson, Baker City, OR, 85.5 points on Smoking Mirrors (Bar UT Bucking Bulls); Levi Yonaka, Selah, WA, 85.5 points on Whisky Wisdom (Sissons Bucking Bulls); Colby Reilly, Ephrata, WA, 85.5 points on Wild Hog (Girletz Rodeo Stock).
Here is a video from PBRCanada1 on YouTube ad well featuring some highlights from Round 1 in Abbotsford: