Calgary Stampede Day One Results
Calgary, AB: From Day One the Calgary Stampede, these are the results and payout.
Novice Saddle Bronc Current Round One Leaders
- Clay Elliot 82.5 on CS U55 Urban Warrior
- Zeke Thurston 74
- Layton Green 70.5
- Mike Gordon 65.5
- Zach Phillips 72 on CS U5 U C Me
Tie Down Roping
- Cory Solomon 7.7 $5,500
- Hunter Herrin 7.9 $4,500
- Stran Smith 8.7 $3,500
- No other qualified times.
- Bobby Mote 86 on KK 338 Alley Ways $5,500
- Kaycee Field 81.5 on CS L67 Loadstone Jade $4,500
- Matt Bright 81 on K607 Remind Me $3,500
- Steven Dent 79 on CS G43 Global Rocket $2,500
- Kelly Timberman 78.5 on K 296 Blue Wings $1,500
- Dean Gorsuch 3.8 $5,500
- Luke Branquinho 3.9 $4,500
- Shawn Greenfeild 4.2 $3,500
- Wade Sumpter 4.4 $2,500
- Jake Rinehart 4.6 $1,500
- Chad Ferley 83 on CS T29 Trail Dust $5,500
- (Tie) Chuck Schmidt 79 on CS L7 Luxurious Bubbles $4,000
- (Tie) Jim Berry 79 on CS G49 Gross Beetle $4,000
- Rusty Allen 75.5 on K351 Spanish Pair $2,500
- Jacobs Crawley 74 K 444 Southern Lights $1,500
- Joleen Seitz 17.77 $5,500
- Molly Powell 17.91 $4,500
- Lee Ann Rust 18.01 $3,500
- Lisa Lockhart 18.05 $2,500
- Lauren Byrne 18.07 $1,500
- Austin Meier 88 on K 596 Grand Slam $5,500
- J.B. Mauney 87.5 on N 73 Cloud Nine $4,500
- Wesley Silcox 86 on K562 Dr. Doolittle $3,500
- Aaron Roy 85.5 on K727 Double Dragon $2,500
- (Tie) Chad Besplug 83.5 on N 410 Warning Sign $750
- (Tie) Shane Proctor 83.5 on CS 451 Before Dark $750
As a special addition to today’s results and payout, here is an interview with Novice Saddle Bronc Rider Clay Elliot about his ride today.
An interesting fact about Clay’s ride today is that if his ride had been in the open bronc riding, he would have won second place for a solid $4,500. It’s likely he will stay on top but the total Novice prize won’t even equal that.
The good news for Clay is that in a few short years he will be here again, but then in the open, and winning a ton more!
Check back later on today or early tomorrow to see the full results highlight video.