Canadian Rodeo Historical Association (CRHA)
The JP Veitch & Family Scholarship is being developed to promote learning about the cornerstone of today’s rodeo – our predecessors and their amazing stories. It is our goal to promote, support and encourage young people to become involved in preserving this rich history through their education, community service and athletics.
Scholarships are open to Alberta high school students pursuing post-secondary education who are members of either an amateur or professional rodeo association. For example, but not limited to: Alberta High School Rodeo, Alberta Barrel Racing, Alberta Team Roping, Canadian Girls Rodeo, Canadian Professional Rodeo.
Please Note: Two successful candidates will each receive a $1000 scholarship to be awarded at the CRHA Hall of Fame Induction Banquet on May 13, 2023. If you personally are not able to be there, someone must attend on your behalf to accept it.
Applicants must be residents of Alberta, graduating from High School the year the Scholarship is awarded, and be entering one of the following programs;
- An Apprenticeship program
- A Trades program
- A post- secondary institution, college or university program
- Complete the application form by typing your answers.
- Submit the completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Veitch Family Scholarship
- Deadline for applications is Monday, April 10, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Your submission must contain the following:
- Completed application form.
- One letter of personal reference, indicating the length of time the writer has known the applicant and specifics concerning the applicant’s work habits, character, goals/ambitions, contributions to community, athletic achievements, etc. (Family members may not be used as references.)
- Working copy of most recent high school transcript.
- An application essay, 400-500 words in length, on one of the Hall of Fame’s inductees in the categories of Contestant, Builder or Legend, and why you admire them. Applicants must be willing to allow CRHA to publish their essay.
*This scholarship made possible by the financial contribution of JP Veitch and Hon. Rona Ambrose*