Rides of the Year Part Two
Drayton Valley, AB: I hope you all had a very great Christmas! Good luck out there today in your Boxing Day adventures as well. Today we are packing up all of my things and getting it set to move into the new house in Calgary to start school on the 9th at the U of C. So if you all have anything in the area you’d like to get rid of, I could use a couch and wouldn’t mind a TV too! Let me know of anything else too since I’ll have a house that’s a little bit empty even once all my stuff is unloaded. I’ll also have a couple rooms to rent before the start of the semester too if you all know of anyone needing a place to live within 15 minutes of Downtown and the University in the Northwest. Just send me a message or give me a call!
Back to business though, here are the top rides of the year from the videos I can put on here. There were many more but I never got them on tape or no one else did either. So here they are from 5th to 1st:
5. PBR World Finalist Dusty Ephrom rides the Sawyer Bull Wango Tango for an 89.5 to win the 2011 Aaron Roy Invitational PBR in Asquith, SK back in June.
4. There wasn’t much video from this year’s PBR Canadian National Finals but luckily Luke Snyder had his fiance tape him on the Vold/Robinson Bull Figjam for this big 89.5 pointer in the first round in Saskatoon.
3. Aaron Roy, the Top Canadian Bull Rider for the past 4 Years rides the Skori Bull Gingas Kong for a 90 point score to finish second at the Glen Keeley Memorial Bull Riding in Stavely, AB on September 3rd, 2011.
2. 2010 Canadian Champion Jesse Torkelson wins the first stop of the 2011 Season in Edmonton, AB with this 90 pointer on the Vold/Robinson bull Big Valley Black.
And… Most of you probably already know this is the top ride but here it is anyway. The #1 Bull Ride (I could find on YouTube) in Canada
1. Tanner Girletz in his best ride of his Spectacular September rides The Girletz Bucking Bulls outstanding Black Bull Mr. Echo in Stavely, AB at the Glen Keeley Memorial Bull Riding for a huge 91 point ride to win the event for the 3rd time. Later Tanner took on Slash but was unsuccessful for a $2500 check.
Even though Tanner’s ride is in first on my countdown there were many other outstanding rides in 2011. I put this together from videos I could find on YouTube and ones I taped myself.
As for the ones that aren’t on YouTube you’ll have to “Like” the Everything Cowboy Facebook Fan Page to see the very top two that are only on Facebook! Click the link above or the one here: http://Facebook.com/EverythingCowboy
I’ll give you all a hint that Ty Pozzobon and Jesse Torkelson have got the top rides but you’ll have to get to the fan page to see them!
I hope you all enjoyed it! I look forward to seeing you all in Ponoka on New Years and Ottawa for the PBR January 14th!